Our aim is to provide educational support to families/communities that promotes and builds a better future for all.
Our aim is to provide educational support to families/communities that promotes and builds a better future for all. Therefore, the key objectives of our mission are:-
- Raise Educational standards
- Deliver a comprehensive support for children and young people with Special Education Needs and most importantly those with physical and other disabilities
- Organise to increase membership
- Provide a better environment for learning
- Create forums for parents to discuss and debate
- Foster a harmonious relations among communities
- Undertake visits to heritage & other historical places of learning
YLN provides tutorials in English, Maths, ICT, Science, African History, French & other European languages to young people, as well as engaging them, in Homework & Home Tuition programmes. Undertake Drama and Music, Storytelling and other holistic educational activities and programmes, runs Residential Workshops and Motivational & Heritage projects.
Young people will also embrace the opportunity to explore in Ghana, visit national museums, learn about slavery, learn about the great Ghana Empire of Timbuktu visit places of historical interest, see wildlife in their natural habitat and very importantly, spend quality time with families in local villages to experience life on a different level.
We act as an intermediary between the schools of young people and their parents, engage in monitoring their work and achievements, and offer counselling to enhance behavioural attitude towards teacher/pupil relationship and learning.
YLN provides information, advice sessions to parents and families on their responsibilities and roles in their children’s education, home learning support resources such as books, educational software and other materials that will help enhance the capacity of the children to engage in meaningful learning.